1.Chinese language teaching
Northeastern University offers Chinese language teaching programs specifically for international students, emphasizing on teaching students the practical application skills of the language. We adhere to the "succinctly talk and numerous training" principle. There are 15 people in each class. Our school provides a good learning environment and strong teaching faculty. Besides a group of Chinese language teachers, we also engage some outstanding teachers from Chinese Major and journalism in NEU as part-time foreign language teaching teachers. Our teaching practice and extracurricular activities have achieved excellent results and won the praise of oversea students, and attracted many students to our school.
The enrollments of long-term Class are twice every year, separately in March and September. There are three grades in Chinese language program, including preliminary, middle grade and high grade. Students will be divided into different classes in accordance with both the application and the results of interview.
- Preliminary program: intensive reading, grammar, listening, oral Chinese, reading and writing Chinese character
- Middle and High grade program: intensive reading, grammar, listening, oral Chinese, writing, reading
- The elective courses are offered according to the electing circumstances of students, including taijiquan, handwriting, Chinese culture, a survey of China, audio-visual instruction and speaking, etc.
There are classes from Monday to Friday, and 22-24 periods a week.
In addition, HSK Guidance is offered. Students can attend the class optionally and freely.
Short-term class is usually conducted during winter or summer vacation and begins from the third week of January or July. The duration is about 2-6 weeks. The exact time of beginning and the teaching content will be arranged according to the demands of applicants. If the number of applicants is less than 10, short-term class will not be conducted. If a group intends to study in NEU, the details of short-term class can be discussed.
2.Chinese Language Undergraduate Admissions Guide
The major is created to train higher qualified personnel who has solid Chinese language ability and communication skills, owns solid Chinese knowledge and certain professional theory, and masters basic knowledge of Mandarin. Emphasis on training the application ability of public services management, international trade and economic activities, it can help foreign students to master the use of Chinese in public services management and the practical knowledge and basic skills of foreign economic and trade activities. Our goal is to train Chinese application of high-level talents whom the International market needs.
2). Educational System£º4 years
The school practices credit hour system. Students should gain required credits in 4 years and HSK8 Certificate in order to be allowed graduate and obtained the undergraduate diplomas. Those who have successfully defended their thesis shall be conferred the Bachelor of Arts.
3). Course and Composition
The mandatory classes£ºCompulsory professional platform and Degree Required classes
The Selected classes£ºCultural Elective and The direction of elective classes
- (1) Applicants must have finished senior high school at least and be the age between 18 and 35.
- (2) Applicants must have valid foreign passport.
- (3) Applicants must pass the Entrance Examination, and then will get the JW202Table and the Letter of Admission.
Application Form of Northeastern University foreign students, High School Diploma (Original or notarized copies), All high school courses and transcripts (Original or notarized copies), Copy of passport and 3 photos (the size as passport photo).
PS: Freshmen's registration deadline is June every year
6). This specialty receives students for admission and the entry requirements are:
- (1) Applicants' Chinese level should achieve HSK5 or more than that and provide HSK certificates and transcripts.
- (2) Applicants who have been in university and passed school written interview can study as sophomores.
- (3) Students for admission have to retrieval classes in teaching plan.