Application Guide for PhD, Northeastern University 2021

来源:国际教育学院(留学生办公室)发稿时间:2021-01-13浏览次数:12

2021年东北大学留学生博士招生简章(中国政府奖学金/辽宁省政府奖学金/自费)

Application Guide for PhD, Northeastern University 2021(CSC Scholarship/Liaoning Province Government Scholarship/Self-sponsored)

东北大学简介 Introduction to Northeastern University

请参阅东北大学官方网站 Please refer to the official NEU website

http://www.neu.edu.cn


申请人基本条件 Application Qualifications

1. 非中国籍公民,身体健康 Non-Chinese citizen in good health

2. 申请中国政府奖学金/辽宁省奖学金年龄需要在40 周岁以下,申请自费生年龄没有限制

Age below 40 years old for CSC Scholarship/Liaoning Province Scholarship, no limitation for self-sponsored

3. 获得硕士学位 Master Degree Holder

4. 汉语授课要求为新HSK 五级180 分以上,不符合条件的自费、辽宁省政府奖学金申请人请先申请自费的汉语进修;新HSK 四级180 分以上的中国政府奖学金生申请人可能会被安排1 年汉语预科; 英语授课要求母语/官方语言为英语,或提供托福、雅思等英语考试的成绩

HSK5 180 or above for the majors in Chinese medium, if you are applying for self-sponsored/Liaoning Province Scholarship without HSK result, you must apply for Chinese Language study first; if you have passed HSK4 (180 points) and applying for CSC scholarship, one year

elementary Chinese language training may apply. For the majors in English medium, you should be native English speaker or come from countries with official language in English, or provide English test result such as TOFEL/IELTS.


博士专业及导师信息 PhD Programs and supervisor (advisor) info:

请参阅以下链接 Please read the following PDF files

https://a.17gz.org/files/110145/2021PhDSupervisor.pdf


学制 Duration of studies:

4 年/4 years


费用/Fees:

自费生报名费/Application Fee for self-sponsored:500元/500 Yuan


自费生学费/Tuition for self-sponsored

专业 Major学费Tuition(元/ Yuan/Year

公共管理Public Administration

哲学Philosophy

马克思主义理论Marxism Theory

25,000
其他专业 Others30,000


自费生校内住宿的费用 On campus accommodation for self-sponsored students:

宿舍 Dorm房间类型 Type

留学生第二宿舍

International Students Dorm#2

双人间,套内卫生间、浴室、厨房

Double room with private toilet, shower, and kitchen

单人间,套内卫生间、浴室、厨房

Single room with private toilet, shower, and kitchen

留学生第三宿舍

International Students Dorm#3

双人间,公共卫生间、浴室、厨房

Double room with public toilet, shower, kitchen

留学生第四宿舍

International Students Dorm#4

双人间,套内卫生间、浴室

Double room with public toilet and shower

单人间,公共卫生间、浴室

Single Room with public toilet and shower

注释:20219月开始的住宿费价格审批中,通过后公布,平均价格在每天25元左右

Note: The dormitory fee since September 2021 is being approved, and will be released after approval. The fee is estimated to be about 25 Yuan/day.

  

东北大学提供手机缴费、现场刷卡缴费、银行汇款等多种收费方式。

Northeastern University provides variety of payment methods such as mobile phone payment, on-site Union Pay card payment, or bank transfer.


退费政策请参阅以下链接

The refund policy can be found at:

https://a.17gz.org/files/110145/refundpolicy2019.pdf


各类奖学金的资助标准/ Scholarship

奖学金类别

Type

学费

Tuition

住宿费

Dorm

月生活费

Monthly Stipend

保险

Insurance

资助期限

Duration

中国政府奖学金

CSC scholarship

免费1

Free

免费2

Free

3500

3500 Yuan

免费3

Free 

44

4 Years

辽宁省政府奖学金

Liaoning Province Scholarship

免费1

Free

免费2

Free

3500

3500 Yuan

免费3

Free 

34

3 Years

注释 Notes:

1.中国政府奖学金生和辽宁省政府奖学金生的学费由政府直接付给学校,不用学生本人支付。你本人也不能要求提取这笔钱。

Tuition for CSC scholarship or Liaoning Province Scholarship student will be paid by the government to the university directly, so the student does not need pay by himself/herself. You cannot claim the money.

2.中国政府奖学金生和辽宁省政府奖学金生在校内住宿,我校会安排三宿舍的免费双人间,住宿费由政府直接付给学校,不用学生本人支付,如果博士奖学金生申请在校外住宿且获得学校批准,每月可以领取1000元的住宿费补贴。

If CSC scholarship or Liaoning Province Scholarship students choose to live on campus, we will provide free double room at International Students Dorm #3. The dormitory fee will be paid by the government to the university directly, so the student does not need pay by himself/herself. If PhD scholarship student applies to live off campus with the approval of the university, an extra 1000 Yuan monthly allowance will be given to the students.

3.中国政府奖学金生和辽宁省政府奖学金生均享有综合医疗保险,保险费用由政府支付给保险公司,不用学生本人支付,学生不可以放弃保险索要保险费。保险的详细介绍请参阅如下网址。

Comprehensive insurance is bought for CSC scholarship or Liaoning Province Scholarship student. The fees will be paid by the government to the insurance company, so the student does not need pay by himself/herself. You can neither give up the insurance nor claim the money for buying the insurance. Detail for the insurance can be found at:

http://www.lhgj.net/article/listDetails-2.html

4.中国政府奖学金的资助期限是4年,如果学校安排了额外1年的汉语预科,这一年汉语预科也享受奖学金。辽宁省政府奖学金的资助期限是3年,不能安排汉语预科。奖学金期限不能延长。

The funding period for CSC PhD scholarship is 4 years, if the additional one year Chinese language applies, the Chinese language year is also covered by the scholarship. The funding period for Liaoning Province Scholarship is 3 years; additional one year Chinese language is not possible for Liaoning Province Scholarship. The duration of the scholarship cannot extend.


网上申请开放时间 Online application period

自费: 2021115—630

Self-sponsored: January 15, 2021 – June 30, 2021

中国政府奖学金/辽宁省政府奖学金:2021115—2021410

CSC scholarship or Liaoning Province Scholarship: January 15, 2021 – April 10, 2021


申请流程The procedure for PhD application is as follows:

1. 联络博士生导师,获得他们的同意
Contact the supervisor (advisor), and get the acceptance of them

东北大学博士专业及博士生导师名录请参阅如下链接

Click for the list for PhD Programs and supervisors in NEU

https://a.17gz.org/files/110145/2021PhDSupervisor.pdf


没有导师的同意,是不能进行申请的。

Without the supervisor’s acceptance application is not possible.

  

请导师填写“2021年东北大学导师接收外国留学生意向表(导师接收函)并签名,空白表格的下载网址是:

Please ask the supervisor fill in Acceptance Form of International Student by NEU Supervisor (Acceptance Letter from Supervisor) 2021. Click the link for a blank form:

https://a.17gz.org/files/110145/AccpetanceLetter2021.doc


能否英语指导,请和博士研究生导师确认。

当你收到博士生导师签发的接收函,你就可以进行下一步了。

Please confirm with the supervisor if you can be instructed in English.

After the PhD supervisor filled in and signed the form, you may continue to apply for it.

  

2.  在东北大学网站进行申请Application at NEU website

东北大学的在线申请的网站是 The NEU online application portal is

http://studyinneu.neu.edu.cn

http://neu.17gz.org

以上两个网址是一样的。

The above links are the same.


请注册账户之后按照网站提示进行申请,无论申请中国政府奖学金还是辽宁省政府奖学金,都请选择中国政府奖学金,并且按照中国政府奖学金的要求进行申请。

Please follow the website to apply after registration. Applying for either CSC scholarship or Liaoning Province Scholarship, please choose CSC scholarship, and follow the instruction of CSC regulation.

我们会根据最终审核结果决定申请人是否可以作为奖学金候选人进行推荐,以及推荐哪一类奖学金。

We will make the final decision on whether you can be recommended as a scholarship candidate, and which kind of scholarship candidate you are recommended

如果你没有护照,请抓紧申请护照,没有护照是不能进行申请的。

If you don’t have passport, please apply for your passport, you cannot apply without a passport.

  

如果你还没有毕业,请联络正在读书的学校出具预毕业证明,代替前一阶段毕业证书。

If you have not graduated, please get an “expected graduation certificate” from your current education institute, and upload it at the “The previous stage of graduation certificate” section.

  

如果你无法申请到无犯罪记录证明,请下载《无犯罪记录承诺书》填写签字后上传。

If you are unable to get non-criminal record, please download NO CRIMINAL RECORD COMMITMENT, and fill it in then upload.

下载地址 Download link:https://a.17gz.org/files/110145/NCRC.docx

 

注:东北大学的申请网站英文版中,导师一词用的是advisor,而不是supervisor

Note: at the English version of NEU application website, “advisor” means “supervisor”.


3. 申请奖学金还需要在CSC网站进行申请

Application at CSC website if you apply for scholarship

一定要在东北大学和CSC的网站同时进行申请,否则奖学金的申请是无效的。自费生不用在CSC网站做申请。

You MUST apply at both NEU and CSC website if you apply for scholarship. If you apply for self-sponsored, you don’t need to do it at CSC website.

  

CSC在线申请的网站是The CSC online application website is

http://www.campuschina.org

http:/studyinchina.csc.edu.cn

以上两个网址是一样的。

The above links are the same.


如果专业不在系统里,请选择一个类似的专业。

If the major cannot be found at CSC system, please choose one of the related major.

  

你必须选择留学项目种类Type B

You must choose Program Category Type B.

  

东北大学的受理机构编号10145

The agency number of our university is 10145.

受新冠肺炎全球大流行影响,邮寄文件变得非常困难,鉴于此,我们今年不再要求奖学金项目的申请人邮寄纸质材料。请不要邮寄任何纸质材料

It turns very difficult for send hard copies by post due to the COVID-19 pandemic. So we do not require the hard copy at the application stage.  Please DO NOT send any hardcopy.

  

今年的奖学金申请人在网上申请后,如果获得批准,在开学报到时必须提供毕业证书和成绩单的原件核验,核验通过后方可办理入学手续,核验不通过的不得入学且必须在签证有效期内自费购票离华。

After the online application for this year's scholarship, if your application has been approved, you must provide the original graduation certificate and transcript for verification. Only after passing the verification, you may register. If you fail to pass the verification, you must buy the ticket to leave China paid by yourself before your visa expires.

  

有问题请随时通过电子邮件lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn联络,在寒假期间我们也会回复邮件。

我们不接受电话咨询。

The email lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn will be replied any time even in the winter vacation.

We don't accept any telephone inquiries.

  

辽宁省政府奖学金也请按照中国政府奖学金的申请流程进行申报,如果你获得推荐,我们会联络你填写其他表格,请保持通讯畅通。

Please do the same as applying Liaoning Province Government Scholarship and CSC scholarship. If we want to recommend you to Liaoning Province Government Scholarship, we will contact you to fill in extra forms.


常见问题 FAQ

问:我可以通过东北大学直接申请本科奖学金么?

Q: Can I apply for bachelor CSC scholarship to Northeastern University directly?

答:不可以。你必须通过中国驻你们国家的使馆申请来东北大学学习本科。如果你希望索取预录取通知书,请发电子邮件到 lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn 咨询。

A: No. You must enquire the Chinese embassy in your country to apply for bachelor at Northeastern University. If you need a pre-admission letter, please send an email to lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn for it.

  

问:申请东北大学的奖学金需要交纳报名费吗?

Q: Do I need to pay application fee for applying scholarship at NEU?

答:不用。

A: No.

  

硕士和博士的中国政府奖学金除了通过东北大学申请,还可以怎么申请?

Q: Besides applying master or PhD from Northeastern University, is there any other ways?

答:你还可以通过中国驻你们国家的使馆申请。如果你希望索取预录取通知书,请发电子邮件到lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn咨询。

A: You may apply to the Chinese embassy in your country. If you require a pre-admission letter, please send an email to lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn

  

问:通过东北大学申请硕士和博士,需要预录取通知书吗?

Q: Do I need a pre-admission if I apply to Northeastern University directly?

答:不需要。只有通过使馆申请中国政府奖学金才需要预录取通知书。

A: No. The pre-admission is for applying CSC scholarship from the Chinese embassy only.

  

问:东北大学有多少奖学金名额?

Q: How many students can win the scholarship?

答:我校每年的奖学金名额并不固定,通常每年有50-100人可以获得中国政府奖学金或辽宁省政府奖学金。

A: It differs every year; usually 50-100 students can be awarded CSC scholarship or Liaoning Province Government scholarship every year.

  

听说还有丝绸之路奖学金,请问怎么申请?

Q: I’ve heard that you have Belt and Road Scholarship, how to apply?

答:丝绸之路奖学金属于中国政府奖学金,你直接申请中国政府奖学金就可以了。

A: Belt and Road scholarship is part of CSC scholarship, you may just apply for CSC scholarship.


问:如果我还没有护照,怎么填写护照信息啊?

Q: I don’t have a passport, how should I fill in the passport info?

答:没有护照不能申请。
 A: You cannot apply without a passport.

  

问:我可以手填申请表邮寄,不在网上申报吗?

Q: May I fill in the application by hand rather than the online application?

答:不可以,必须先在线填写,网上生成申请。

A: No. You must finish the on-line application, then submit, and generate the application.

  

问:在线申请的网站是什么?

Q: What’s the on-line application portal?

答:如果申请自费学习,你需要在东北大学网站上申报,如果申请奖学金除了东北大学网站还要在国家留学基金委的网站申报。东北大学的申请网址是http://studyinneu.neu.edu.cn或者http://neu.17gz.org基金委的网站是http://www.campuschina.orghttps://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn

A: If you apply for self-sponsored, you must apply at NEU application system, if you apply for scholarship, you must apply both at NEU and CSC application system online.

NEU website: http://studyinneu.neu.edu.cn or http://neu.17gz.org

CSC website: http://www.campuschina.org or https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn

  

问:除了在线申请,还需要交纸质版么?

Q: Besides on-line application, do I need to submit the hard copy?

答:不用

A: No.

  

问:我申请奖学金的时候想申请额外 1 年汉语预科,在哪里填写?

Q: I want to apply for the additional one year Chinese language for my scholarship application, where should I apply?

答:你不用在系统中填写汉语补习的信息,我们会根据你的汉语水平进行安排。

A: You don’t need to fill in any information for the additional one year Chinese language training; we will evaluate your Chinese language level and make the decision.

  

问:什么时候我可以知道申请结果?

Q: When can I have the result?

答:请在 6  15 —7  15 日之间发邮件 lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn 查询结果

A: Please check the result by sending email to lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn during June 15 to July 15.


问:我想通过东北大学申请读博士。如果没有导师给我签发“2021年东北大学导师接收外国留学生意向表(导师接收函),我可以申请吗?

Q: I want to apply for PhD to Northeastern University. Can I apply without an “Acceptance Form of International Student by NEU Supervisor (Acceptance Letter from Supervisor) 2021” signed by any NEU supervisor?

答:不可以。没有的话是无效申请。

A: No. Your application will be invalid without this form.

  

问:听说正在中国学习的学生不能申请奖学金继续学习,是真的吗?
 Q: I’ve heard that if I am in China, I am not qualified to apply for scholarship, is that true?

答:正在中国学习的同学通过大学申请中国政府奖学金,成功率低一些,但是辽宁省政府奖学金并没有这个限制。

A: For CSC scholarship, it’s true that only the very top students can be awarded if you are now studying in China. But there is not any limitation for Liaoning Province Government Scholarship.

  

问:我怎么能联络到你们?

Q: How can I contact you?

答:电子邮箱lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn

A: email lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn


问:我在申报时间段内任何时间递交申请都一样吗?

Q: Is it the same for me to submit the application at any time during the application period?

答:是的,申报结束之后我们才会开始审核材料。
 A: Yes. We will not start to review the application until the end of the application period.

  

问:听说2020年的中国政府奖学金有一些是部分奖学金,2021年会不会还是这样?

Q: I have heard that some of the CSC scholarship in 2020 is partial scholarship, how about the situation in 2021?

答:是的,2020年有些同学获得了部分奖学金。2021年如果经过审核审核,我们准备授予你部分奖学金,会提前和你沟通。

A: Yes, some of the students had partial scholarship in 2020. If we have the plan to recommend you partial scholarship 2021 after review, we will contact you in advance.

  

如果阅读本文档之后你还有问题,请发邮件到lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn咨询。请注意,所有文档中回答过的问题,我们不会回复。

If you still have further questions after reading this document, please send us an email to lxsh@mail.neu.edu.cn. If the answer to your questions can be found in this document, we won’t reply your email.